Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Is Project-Based Learning Possible in Primary Grades?

I teach at a charter school that integrates agriculture into our project-based curriculum. We have a barn, chicken coop, greenhouse and a wind turbine. A lot of our learning is centered on projects. There are lots of challenges and it takes some work, but the students seem to thrive in this learning environment. This is a brief article regarding this wonderful way to educate young learners. I am sure this will be one of many posts I will make about this topic so close to my heart!

http://downloads01.smarttech.com/media/sitecore/en/pdf/smart_publications/edcompass/feature_articles/success_stories/edcompass-featurearticle-nov09.pdf

1 comment:

  1. This was just the article I needed to read. I'm so excited to learn more about PBL. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete