Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Homework, Assessing, Programs, Baking, Sports, Dance, Shopping, Shopping Shopping...oh my!

I am just posting today as mostly a reminder to me to slow down, breath and enjoy the season. Christmas is truly my favorite time of the year. I love all the time spent with my three girls and my wonderful husband, but it seems every year things get a little busier and a little more chaotic so today is my reminder to enjoy the little things. So here is a random post about the little things...

*sisters shopping for each other and making this momma proud :)
*shopping with my husband and treasuring those few hours together as just the two of us
*working on my homework with the family all helping out
*winning basketball games and those proud mom moments (GO M! GO B!)
*5 more student days until Christmas break
*students making wonderful progress this school year
*hand written cards, lots of hugs, and smiles from students
*new winter coat
*husband taking care of supper
*Christmas decorations
*Christmas lights
*Christmas music
*morning that the girls get up without a fuss
*outside recess
*hot chocolate with marshmallows
*finding the perfect gift at a good price

I have so much to be thankful for this year and today is my day to slow down, breathe and be happy about it all :) Merry Christmas!!!

3 comments:

  1. I could use a reminder to slow down and enjoy the season also. Tonight we went on a trolley ride as a family and much to our surprise Santa joined us. My two year old was so excited and waving at Santa and telling Santa to look every time she saw Christmas lights-yes every time! This week especially I've wanted to hug my children and my students a bit more than usual. Unfortunately we don't know what tomorrow will bring so I'm trying to remember to enjoy every moment of each day. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right about those cherish memories and quality time spent with your family. Before you know it a new stage of life with family and career emerges and you need to cherish what has taken place and take a deep breath and be ready to move forward in 2013.

    Enjoy your holiday break and know that 2013 will be great!

    ReplyDelete